“You can blame whoever you like for your problems, but that blame is like a big roadblock keeping you from the confidence you need to move forward. It keeps us from believing in ourselves because it hands over power to someone or something outside ourselves…Be on guard against blame”.
Chris Irwin “Horses Don’t Lie”
“This is going to help me with getting published…
And, when I’m published I’m going to acknowledge you”
My response: “For being your mama?”
“For being a supportive mama and doing my editing”.
Quiet…clicks of typing
“How old do you have to be to publish a book?”
My response: “I don’t think there’s an actual age”
“Oh good, good, good!”
Back to the clicks of typing.
This is the morning scene and talk here. I’m literally typing this into my phone as she says it because I want to remember. I swear my kid makes homeschooling easy. I’m literally sipping coffee on the couch. “School” is still on break for us. These are the moments when I totally get “unschooling”. We’ve been talking about a little more computer use for her and starting typing skills since she is getting older-ish. This morning was free to be lazy, play with Christmas toys…she asked to use the computer and write in a “document”. Thus….
You go girl, you go!
This was the story she started working on yesterday while we sat with a banker making a retirement contribution and discussing where to invest it. So happy the guy had an inviting notepad and pen on his desk.
Gratitude for the week. Not because it’s Thanksgiving but because Thanksgiving reminded me to crawl out of my quiet shell. If I can find all of this buried on my phone camera in just this week or two, then I am willing to say what a blessed life this is underneath and above it all. Even tucked away in that metaphorical shell.
1. the beauty of autumn, the waning light, the quiet retreating, the magic
2. that beautiful girl, those sweet goats, Nancy Drew, the pleasure of a good book, a child that fully knows the pleasure of a good book shared with sweet goats in the fresh crisp air
3. that moon that caused me to pull over on a side road and reminded me to breathe… even at the tail end of a long, long drive home from a horse show
4. baby pumpkins picked that didn’t have the time to mature because we planted WAY too late but taught us that we CAN do this. 2017…barnraised pumpkin patch…! I think they’re cute.
5. oh, those horses
6. the sweet friendships my daughter has… the fun of a sleepover and the quiet captured moment after sleep comes
7. more good books, evening family holiday read-alouds by lantern light in a warm living room on a cold rainy night
8. re-energizing our gratitude jar which became far too complacent in recent months, the joy of homeschooling, creativity and letting my girl know how grateful I am for her
9. finding eggs in the coop still warm to my touch and then mixing them fresh into pancakes and pumpkin bread, thank you chickens -still producing even with these long chilly nights
10. that moon again. takes my breath away.
11. speaking of that moon… a moonlight ride with my girl and our horses. saddled up under the super-moon, bundled up in warm clothing and wool socks, rode to our hearts content. I felt like a kid again, free under that super-charged moonlight.
12. no words needed here, just read the words in the picture.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU….